What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
At some point I will stop with the Burger Up related news, I promise. But only when everyone else does.
Ain’t no one got time for dat! Daily Worker Placement list ten games that play in under an hour.
Hasslefree Miniatures is well known for its pin up range of figures. A couple of the recent Kickstarters have left me thinking about their use of the female form, and apparently I wasn’t the only one. Sally, girlfriend of miniature sculptor Kev, provided her thoughts on the style via the Hasslefree Facebook page.
Geek & Sundry continue their D&D kick, this time by unearthing a roleplay game show from 1987.
More of tabletop appearing in mainstream media. This time, Dan Jolin from The Guardian gets some game recommendations while at a tabletop game cafe.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Diminutives Opposing Civilization! – Hilarious warfare.
- Ryrin Tactics, Drafting tactical strategy fantasy board game
- The Pioneers Program: Apocalyptic town rebuilding board game
- Sauriana 54mm Miniatures Game
- Ki Khanga: A Sword and Soul Role Playing Game
- Skyways: City Building at its Finest!
- Broker – A Game About Cheating
- Siege – The Castle-Crashing Card Game of Medieval Mayhem!
- Dumpster Diver
- SKYWARD – The Airborne City
- Dead Cat – A Quantum Physics Card Game
- Dwarves At Arms
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.