12/03/2017 – 18/03/2017
What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
Schooling the digital guys. Matt Leacock and Rob Daviau talk to attendees at the GDC 2017 about creating Pandemic Legacy.
I can’t wait for the next James Bond film now. Ars Technica looked at the board games the CIA uses to train its officers.
Digital focused, but worth a read. Aran Suddi on The Sixth Axis discusses the normalisation of racism amongst parts of the gaming community.
Roleplay games are hugely popular, but have you ever thought about what real world misconceptions have crept into the pastime? Oren Ashkenazi discusses five destructive myths perpetuated by roleplay games over on Mythcreants.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Wormhole Tabletop RPG
- Wreck Age: Post-Collapse Vehicle kits
- Heroes Cove
- Ultimate Troll – a chaotic card game of hoarding loot
- Tinker Bits II: Mad Science Metal Meeples
- Reichguard Knigths
- LION DUCHY and BLACK LOTUS Fantasy Football Team!!
- Yeti Mountain – The Three-Dimensional, Adventure Board Game
- Sigil – Powers of War
- Luck & Love – A sinfully sexy game for daring couples
- Defense of the Citadel
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.