12/02/2016 – 18/02/2016
What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
Ironically, this kind of disagreement resolution engine would be helpful right about now. Marat over on ATGN takes a look at Mecha Strike Arena.
Hasbro reveal that the thimble, and perhaps a slew of the other classic game pieces, won’t be in the next edition of Monopoly. Now we just need someone to explain to us what all these different things symbolised in the first place.
What is important in a game? Game designer and artist Ryan Laukat talked about how to create a functional and beautiful game.
Apparently Rio Grande are concerned about their games being too good? At least, that’s what Wutanfallhaus seems to think.
The race of the D&D documentaries is on. And it looks like one in particular is reading the finish line.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Blocks of Life
- TIME WARP – Rampage Castle, Europe and the Americas
- ANACONDA: Asymmetrical Card-Game of the ACW at Sea
- Extinction Crisis: The Board Game
- The Five Cyclones
- Maybe Capital
- DREAMEngine Alpha, a Character and Adventure Creation Guide
- Dragon Empire – Tabletop Army
- Mauser Earth: War for Paris – A Dieselpunk Miniatures Game
- Song of Swords: Tabletop Roleplaying Game
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.