20/11/2016 – 26/11/2016
What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
A whole bunch of British parents have their heads screwed on straight. Sounds like an excellent Christmas.
Justin Hallam-Stephens picks the five most elegant board games of 2016 over on Pop Cultue-y. I’ll try and control myself, but, great pick for number four position.
Former Asmodee employee Cynthia Hornbeck raises questions about the recently released Conan: The Board Game.
Humble Bundle are offering an RPG book bundle, but only for a limited time. You can pay what you want, but the more you do pay, the more you get access too.
Apparently Dune is set to reappear on screens, in some form, at some point. Unless there is Patrick Stewart in it, holding a dog, I am not interested.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- The End of Times! figure range.
- Scribble – a devolving game of interpretive drawing
- The World Council – A Card Game for Summit
- Shintiara RPG: a world of Magic and Time Paradoxes
- Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5
- Battle of Asgard
- Tales from the Loop – Roleplaying in the ’80s That Never Was
- Imminent Crisis: The Game
- Creature Quest Boardgame Teaches Kids Negative Numbers
- Vast: The Crystal Caverns – Second Printing with Miniatures
- HP Lovecraft : Cthulhu mythos ,the great old ones II
- Quickdraw – a Western Modular Card Game for 2+ Outlaws
- Grim Reaper Hippopotamus
- Illuminatus: Conspiracy-themed satirical strategy boardgame
- Monster Poker
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.