17/12/2017 – 23/12/2017
What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
The wandering monster is a roleplay staple. Creighton Broadhurst published an article analysing what this mechanic is, and how to use it.
Is this the greatest Jenga move ever? Digg seems to think so.
Breitbart published an article by James Delingpole about Wizards of the Coast banning Jeremy Hambly. It is more rant than an analysis of the facts. Chas Andres on Medium dissected the article, and longed for a sandwich.
Continuing the theme of near-liable insanity, creator of Upstart: The Board Game, Richard ‘D-cal’ Dacalos, took a chunk out of the PR company his team employed for their Kickstarter. However, Jeff Wenzel from the PR company had a reply that attempted to clear up some details.
Looks like we might be seeing Dungeons & Dragons at the cinema. Again.
A random selection of some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Polyhedral Dice Ties
- Dragon Watcher: The Card Game
- “Lords of Hellas” Audio: Official Product by Darkraven Games
- The Arcane Eye
- The Goblin Sorcerer – Miniature Paper Model for tabletop RPG
- Chronicle X by Archon Studio
- Fantasy Football Bret and humans Norba Miniatures
- Jason Must Live
- ATK! A SPINNING MINIS MOBA STYLE BOARD GAME
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.