22/01/2016 – 28/01/2016
What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
Prepare for enemies from all sides. Cubicle7 signed a deal with Games Workshop to distribute Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay products.
Tabletop knowledge leads the charge. Nate Murray, former in-house product and crowdfunding campaign manager of IDW Games, has been appointed as Head of Gaming at Indiegogo.
The very epitome of limited stock. Jonathan Gilmour, co-creator of Dead of Winter, launches a Kickstarter for a game which is limited to 200 copies.
Rise of the old guard. Popular miniature manufacturer Wargames Foundry unveils Foundry Collectables, an offshoot brand which will produce figures for board games.
I’m bored, I’m the Chairman of the Board. Penny Arcade reveals its latest endeavour, a tabletop only event called PAX Unplugged.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Alternative Facts – A Hilarious Card Game by Frog God Games
- One Hundred Dungeons: A Make/100 Dungeons project
- Build The Wall Set: Trump Novelty Toy
- Steal The Show! Act II – Theatrical Card Game
- FN BS The Game
- Pixel Glory – Light and Shadow
- Raiders of Arcana – Human Warriors
- Raccoon Madness Game
- How to Write Adventure Modules That Don’t Suck
- Cypress Legacy The Board Game
- Replicants! The Card Game of Self Replicating Machines
- Dice Throne
- Kingdom of Aer : Kingmaker
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.