What happened in the world of tabletop over the last week?
Fans of the original Warhammer hit back. The 9th Age, a fan created and unofficial new Warhammer rule set, is released onto the world.
A funded Kickstarter doesn’t immediately lead to a successfully delivered project. Geek & Sundry discuss how Kickstarter led to a raft of problems for Chaosium Inc.
Time draws near for Games Laboratory’s Beyond Blue Bash. So if you are in or around Melbourne, Australia you should check it out.
Graeme McIntyre on Manaleak addresses the issue of sexism within gaming communities. If you get a chance read the blog post by De Scriptorice which inspired this article, Tabletop Gaming has a White Male Terrorism Problem.
ABC News covers the game Go Extinct!, which gives players the chance to learn more about evolutionary theory. Students from Pullenvale State School in Brisbane have been trialling the game.
Some of the new Kickstarters from this week:
- Mists of Akuma: Eastern Fantasy Noir Steampunk for D&D 5E
- 28mm White Metal Fantasy Miniatures Tabletop #2
- Slash Cards: The Horror Movie Trivia Game
- Dreamwars – Steampunk Horror Board Game
- 13th Age Coins and Icon Tokens
- Space Race: The Card Game
- GGA: A Simple Budget Ancient Wargaming system.
- Tales from the Halfling Camp: Music for Tabletop RPG’s
- Tesla vs. Edison: Powering Up!
- Saltlands – Sail through the Desert!
This is not an endorsement of any of these games, creators or Kickstarter campaigns.